Monday, February 13, 2012

Weight Fluctuations

You know the way weight will fluctuate 2-3 pounds any given day? Sometimes there's no rhyme, nor reason to it that we can see. Lately, my fluctuations have taken a downward spiral.

Before I started Weight Watchers, I had cut down on my portion sizes and lost 5 lbs., but I would sometimes gain a couple back. After the 5 lb loss, I considered that # my "lowest weight".

Since I started Weight Watchers, the lowest weight has become my new "highest weight". Now, my daily weight is four solid pounds below the "highest weight".

I think this is a healthy way to do it. The program allows you to make "mistakes", but start fresh again every Sunday. As long as you're putting a modest effort forward, you will start the downward trajectory. For me, it's been a pound a week.

I can feel it coming off all over my body, too. I've lost a little from everywhere, another sign it's happening the right way. And, I never feel hungry.

I think, with time, it only gets easier. You body becomes accustomed to smaller portions and a balance in your cravings occurs. You're eating less, too, so you're able to better understand what your body is asking for.

I'm feeling very positive right now.

No comments: