Sunday, January 22, 2012

I Lost 2 Pounds!




After having started the Weight Watchers program mid-week and having to learn a lot about which foods have how many points, I still came out two pounds lighter.

Yippee!

I know two pounds is not very much, but it inspires me to keep going.

This is what I've learned so far:

1.) You have to prioritize your foods, basically, make decisions about which foods are worth losing points over and which aren't.

2.) You have to learn to eat smaller portions of food you love. I've started cutting food into smaller bites, putting down my fork after each bite and drinking water and talking between bites. This has been a good thing because it helps me to relax and enjoy the tastes of whatever I'm eating. (And the company)

3.) Drink more water. For some reason, this program has made me thirstier. I'm guessing it's because I used to eat when I was thirsty, rather than drink. Now I'm waiting off long enough to tell the difference between thirst and hunger.

4.) Be very careful drinking alcohol on this diet. I've found that wine affects me much harder now that there's less food to balance it in my system.

5.) Be creative. Since I'm not eating everything in site--the vaccuum cleaner effect--I'm spending more time thinking about what I will eat when I do. I'm going less to the easy things, breads, crackers, and chips, and experimenting with other combos that involve lots of vegetables. Anything that's worth "0" points is getting a boost up in my daily routine. But I'm always searching for low point flavor.

Flavor, flavor, flavor--life is all about that, isn't it?

So, here goes a new week. My extra points start again, and I'm much smarter about how this all works.

No comments: