Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Weight Watchers Game



Participating in Weight Watchers online seems like a game to me...a shell game.

Each day you're issued points, plus you have a reserve of bonus points to draw from, but you can't use up all your points if you want to "win."

This is where it starts to be a shell game.

If you're honest about what you've eaten, every little careless bite, at the end of the day you're left moving those shells around trying to come up with a low-point option.

Yesterday was one of those days for me. I started it off with a portion of skinless, boneless, chicken breast leftover from the night before. At lunch, I had chocolate chip cookies; before dinner, I had a glass of wine, and when I added it all up, I didn't have any more points. Uh oh. The day's not over yet.

I went to my refrigerator (rearrange the shells) and chose vegetables for dinner. If I was going to win the game, I needed a "0" point option and vegetables are worth "0". I steamed broccoli and sauteed brussel sprouts, and voila, dinner.

I'd "won" for the day. I used up my daily points and didn't have to go into my bonus ones, and dinner was delicious! I went to bed that night feeling full...very full, and this morning the scale went DOWN another pound.

I'm starting to like this game!

No comments: