Saturday, January 28, 2012

Week 2: Weight Gain, Frustration, Hope




Week 2 had its ups and downs. Right after I wrote the last post I gained the two pounds back. I was shocked. I wondered, what in the heck kind of diet is this anyway. I started to really doubt the Weight Watchers system.

But I studied it and thought about how in a normal life there are ups and downs from day to day, week to week, but yet, there will be an overarching trajectory up or down. I reminded myself how this really hasn't been a "diet" at all, just eating a little less and adding more veggies and fruits. I've never felt hungry. So, I put my trust in the system and moved ahead.

As a reward, the extra two came back off and another two as well. Yes, the trajectory is definitely down even though I had fabulous meals out twice this week. I was worried about eating out because I love French Dips and pasta. I ate both of those things and much more on each of my outings, but I was careful to add their points into my tally at the end of each day and I took home leftovers. The net result is that I used up a lot of my "bonus points", but so far have still come in about right.

I'm feeling really, really good. I didn't even gain weight when I traveled, which I almost always had in the past. I have lots of energy. I'm happy. I feel great! The online system is perfect for me--daily accountability without having to leave home!

No comments: